All the messages from our brain to the organs are delivered by the hormones. Every chemical reaction happening in our bodies is a response from hormones travelling through the organism to make sure every action goes as planned.
It is hard not to think about the hormones when we experience some strange skin conditions such as acne, irregular period or thyroid disease.
Let’s first talk about the start of a bigger hormone activity. Apart from childhood while growing up, hormones get especially active during puberty. While this period is sensitive to everyone, it experiences the biggest exchange of hormones, making us capable of reproducing.
Teenagers go through different stages. Usually, they get visible signs of hormone imbalance such as acne but they can also continue during the adult phase.
Hormones are body’s messengers which are made in endocrine glands. Women produce them in ovaries, while men in their testes.
BEING OVERWEIGHT WITH HORMONE IMBALANCE
There are so many symptoms of hormone imbalance, being overweight is one of them. It can be genetic, the thyroid can produce fewer hormones leading to producing bigger mass or diet can imbalance hormones making it hard to lose weight.
It is a magic circle that a lot of people live in. However, there are some ways to react to your hormones and focus on losing weight by following certain rules:
- Use Omega 3 oils instead fats ( olive oil, fish oil, coconut oil, lard …)
- Go slow on caffeine ( try choosing herbal teas over coffee)
- Exercise the right way ( instead of intense short workout choose slow like walking)
- Reduce red meat intake ( this will result in balancing estrogen and progesterone)
- Avoid sugar ( using honey or fructose can make a difference)
Using these rules can really help you if you struggle with overweight. It is important to follow each of them and make a big change in your diet. Consider taking veggies instead of meat and choosing meals with less protein ( fish, turkey).
CONTROLLING FEMALE HORMONES
When it comes to fertility, women may suffer more than men because of every month period cycle or pregnancy. During the period hormones are going wild and it is no surprise for feeling low, tired or crave for sweets.
They can experience breakouts of acne before the period itself while feeling pain in breasts at the same time. So what to do?
- Sleep well ( Having a good night sleep is essential for every hormone balance)
- Exercise regularly ( Healthy blood flow exchanges hormones better than anything)
- Avoiding sugar ( Try to keep away from sweets, even though it’s hard)
- Control stress ( Meditation, massage or other forms of relaxation can help)
- Take many proteins and fibers ( raw fruit and vegetables, eggs, fish)
Try to organise your time and give yourself a chance to relax. Stress is number 1 cause of hormone imbalance and even though it is very hard to avoid it, try to control it instead. Some breathing techniques and sports may help too.
Teas are miracles of nature that we underestimate too often. Healthy herbals are all around us and we are not learned to take them as much as we need. Consider having it a habit, to have one tea a day.
- Green tea ( helps with obesity because it increases insulin sensitivity)
- Marigold tea ( very effective for irregular periods)
- Chamomile ( reduces cortisol, “stress hormone”, soothes cramps)
- Ashwagandha ( increases production of thyroid hormones)
Having a tea a day can make a difference, but if you put yourself to a habit by drinking tea instead of juice or water in a bigger intake (one litre a day at least), you can fasten up the results and feel better more than ever.
Doing this will not only help your hormonal imbalance, it will also detox your body from unwanted toxins and make you feel more energetic.
For therapeutical treatments, you can also try taking tea bags and massage them on the face, making a nice peeling.
Hormonal imbalance is very common in the Western world. With other negative responsibility bearers, it is one of the symptoms of everyday stress which can be only the beginning of more serious problems if left untreated.
Responding in time and solving it with enough willpower can make a huge impact on the energy level, behaviour, motivation for career or own self-esteem.